Archives for the tag "processes"
Rigorous examination of even a small area of content production can yield significant results using Lean principles.
If copy is the message, then what, then, makes copy into content? In a day when virtually all organizational content gets processed by some sort of technology I would say that that union of editorial structure and semantic structure is the complement that creates content. Let’s start with the lowly Word document. How many of [...]
This content mapping process recognizes that there may be multiple personas within a sales cycle, each needing different content.
Erin Kissane’s book, The Elements of Content Strategy, gets a thumbs up as a tool for aspiring and practising content strategists.
This content workflow example depicts a mid-to-large firm’s content workflow process for the publication of a new press release.
Transaction flows need content documented for all transactional states.
Sample of a stakeholder interview protocol for current state of a gap analysis.
Keeping content synchronized is very different between a Web CMS and a component CMS. Compare the differences and the practical applications for each type.
Successful technology implementations all share a common denominator: a strong content strategy.
Ensure that you’re not left holding the bag when the CMS vendor has left the building; get your processes in place.
- The increasing relevance of ebooks and other epublications
- All I learned about book publishing comes from The Book
- Content Re-use and Narrative Flow
- 2012 in Review – a Content Strategy Retrospective
- Two weeks, four events, eight observations: insights from the conference circuit
- Content Inventories, Audits, and Analyses: All part of benchmarking
- Working on the City of Vancouver website
- Occupying a unique content strategy space
- Move over, Big Data. It’s time for Big Content.
- Setting a context for a content strategy vocabulary
- Content classification and findability
- Content development
- Content management
- Content strategy
- Information design and usability
- Professional development
- Social media
- User experience