Rahel Anne Bailie is the principal of Intentional Design, and brings substantial business, communication, and instructional design experience to her projects, where she and a select group of professional partners help organizations create and better manage their communication products.
Her focus on performance improvement means beginning with an analysis of business goals and ensuring that any improvements support those goals.
Rahel has many years of experience in the areas of content development and user experience environments, including environments producing localized and/or internationalized content. She understands the complexities of content architecture and flows, and synthesizes her findings to match business requirements to user need.
A self-identified geek, Rahel is drawn to technology like a moth to flame, and embraces technologies that serve to improve the performance of communication products and the processes to create and maintain them. She was elected Fellow of the Society of Technical Communication in 2009, is involved in a number of content strategy communities, and holds memberships in related professional associations such as the Information Architecture Association and User Experience Professionals Association, as well as local groups such asVanUE, in order to keep current in pertinent practice areas. She is also the co-producer of Content Strategy Workshops.
- When technology is no longer disruptive, but confounding
- Content strategy and design thinking
- The Summer of DITA becomes The Autumn of…?
- Authoring in DITA: the good, the bad, and the sometimes ugly
- DITA Maps and the Real World
- A Standard for Exchanging Stories – Meet DITA Maps
- Holes in the Template: Piping content into the CMS
- To DITA or not to DITA: That’s a Good Question – Part 2
- To DITA or not to DITA: That’s a Good Question – Part 1
- DITA: Not Just for Technical Content
- Content classification and findability
- Content development
- Content management
- Content strategy
- Information design and usability
- Professional development
- Social media
- User experience