Rahel Anne Bailie is the principal of Intentional Design, and brings substantial business, communication, and instructional design experience to her projects, where she and a select group of professional partners help organizations create and better manage their communication products.
Her focus on performance improvement means beginning with an analysis of business goals and ensuring that any improvements support those goals.
Rahel has many years of experience in the areas of content development and user experience environments, including environments producing localized and/or internationalized content. She understands the complexities of content architecture and flows, and synthesizes her findings to match business requirements to user need.
A self-identified geek, Rahel is drawn to technology like a moth to flame, and embraces technologies that serve to improve the performance of communication products and the processes to create and maintain them. She was elected Fellow of the Society of Technical Communication in 2009, is involved in a number of content strategy communities, and holds memberships in related professional associations such as the Information Architecture Association and User Experience Professionals Association, as well as local groups such asVanUE, in order to keep current in pertinent practice areas. She is also the co-producer of Content Strategy Workshops.
- The increasing relevance of ebooks and other epublications
- All I learned about book publishing comes from The Book
- Content Re-use and Narrative Flow
- 2012 in Review – a Content Strategy Retrospective
- Two weeks, four events, eight observations: insights from the conference circuit
- Content Inventories, Audits, and Analyses: All part of benchmarking
- Working on the City of Vancouver website
- Occupying a unique content strategy space
- Move over, Big Data. It’s time for Big Content.
- Setting a context for a content strategy vocabulary
- Content classification and findability
- Content development
- Content management
- Content strategy
- Information design and usability
- Professional development
- Social media
- User experience
Tagsaccessibility ann rockley books career development CMS content as asset Content convergence content lifecycle Content management content strategy convergence deliverables DITA Duo Consulting experience design Flash integration intelligent content interaction design Management marketing mentors open standards plain language politics processes Professional development ROI search section 508 single-sourcing Social media STC structured content syndication taxonomy TechCraft translation Twitter usability user-centered design user-generated content User experience value XML
- rahelab: @geoffroberts It needs a verb, like Running the Wanker Slalom or Wiping Out on the Wanker Slalom or Avoid... etc Love the noun string, tho.
- rahelab: @JRoTweeter am on the Sun flight.
- rahelab: So, it seems I now have an extra day in London. But no hotel room. <insert eye rolling here>
- rahelab: @JRoTweeter Well, adults in wealthier neighbourhoods aren't likely scrambling to go to high school.
- rahelab: @metacommunicate Get rid of what?