Archives for the category "usability"
A response to a discussion about disruption of narrative flow, and the consequences of content re-use.
An interesting discussion recently arose in a content strategy forum about content benchmarking, and this seemed an opportune time to discuss the topic. (Thanks to Destry Wion for suggesting I turn this into a blog post.) According to Wikipedia, the definition of benchmarking is “the process of comparing one’s business processes and performance metrics to [...]
The signage in Vancouver’s transit system is an example of how small content problems can have a negative effect on the overall user experience.
If you’ve ever wondered whether you were the only person in the world who couldn’t figure out how to use a product, open a package, follow instructions, World Usability Day is a little ray of hope in an otherwise generally unusable world. I’m one of those people; I assume that everyone else must have figured [...]
Either I’ve just crossed the threshhold into “too old for new technologies” or I’ve become discerning enough that I expect a good user experience from start to finish. After buying an XM radio, I discovered that I needed to activate the radio service by going to the XM Radio website and entering my radio ID [...]
On the one hand, users don’t like to feel pressured to act in a prescribed way. On the other hand, users don’t want to be led away from whatever task they set out to accomplish. For instance, when I go to Amazon.com, I want to shop for books. I don’t to be led down a [...]
- The increasing relevance of ebooks and other epublications
- All I learned about book publishing comes from The Book
- Content Re-use and Narrative Flow
- 2012 in Review – a Content Strategy Retrospective
- Two weeks, four events, eight observations: insights from the conference circuit
- Content Inventories, Audits, and Analyses: All part of benchmarking
- Working on the City of Vancouver website
- Occupying a unique content strategy space
- Move over, Big Data. It’s time for Big Content.
- Setting a context for a content strategy vocabulary
- Content classification and findability
- Content development
- Content management
- Content strategy
- Information design and usability
- Professional development
- Social media
- User experience