Archives for the category "Deliverables"
An interesting discussion recently arose in a content strategy forum about content benchmarking, and this seemed an opportune time to discuss the topic. (Thanks to Destry Wion for suggesting I turn this into a blog post.) According to Wikipedia, the definition of benchmarking is “the process of comparing one’s business processes and performance metrics to [...]
Open-ended content audits expand fill to all available time. Instead, a results-driven content audit yields valuable and actionable insights. And keeping it brief reduces time and cost.
Making the case for content strategy is all about demonstrating the value it will bring, to help organizations meet their business objectives.
This content mapping process recognizes that there may be multiple personas within a sales cycle, each needing different content.
Transactional content isn’t sexy and can be complicated, but is often the primary content seen by customers.
Erin Kissane’s book, The Elements of Content Strategy, gets a thumbs up as a tool for aspiring and practising content strategists.
This content workflow example depicts a mid-to-large firm’s content workflow process for the publication of a new press release.
Transaction flows need content documented for all transactional states.
Sample of a stakeholder interview protocol for current state of a gap analysis.
The content review is a measure of existing content quality against a set of heuristics, from which you can generate a content scorecard.
- The increasing relevance of ebooks and other epublications
- All I learned about book publishing comes from The Book
- Content Re-use and Narrative Flow
- 2012 in Review – a Content Strategy Retrospective
- Two weeks, four events, eight observations: insights from the conference circuit
- Content Inventories, Audits, and Analyses: All part of benchmarking
- Working on the City of Vancouver website
- Occupying a unique content strategy space
- Move over, Big Data. It’s time for Big Content.
- Setting a context for a content strategy vocabulary
- Content classification and findability
- Content development
- Content management
- Content strategy
- Information design and usability
- Professional development
- Social media
- User experience