Archives for the category "Content strategy"
Content Strategy: Connecting the dots between business, brand, and benefits, has hit the shelves, along with some good reviews.
2012 was a year of collaboration for Intentional Design, and the cumulative efforts resulted in some significant outcomes this year.
Insights from four conferences and events that took place in October 2012: Lavacon, CS Workshops, Loc World, and tekom/tcworld.
An interesting discussion recently arose in a content strategy forum about content benchmarking, and this seemed an opportune time to discuss the topic. (Thanks to Destry Wion for suggesting I turn this into a blog post.) According to Wikipedia, the definition of benchmarking is “the process of comparing one’s business processes and performance metrics to [...]
Many of you may not have known that I’ve spent the last year-and-a-half with the City of Vancouver, working on redeveloping their website. When I agreed to work on this project for the city, I didn’t put my consulting practice on hold because I was going to be making tons more money. I took a [...]
There’s a lot of discussion within the content strategy community about the particular content strategy space that we occupy. My space is unique.
This is about Big Content – consideration of content beyond the copy, and even beyond the content. It’s about hardware and software infrastructure, as well.
The problem with building a glossary is that the definitions need to exist within a context. In my last post, I alluded to the ubiquitous term “template”, which has different meanings within different contexts, and Noz pointed out the word “format”, which has the same problem. The content strategy field is developing its own context, [...]
Tackling a consistent vocabulary to describe the various activities, deliverables, and outputs of typical content strategy work.
Content curation is more than just maintenance. Done well, curation creates context, tells a story, adds perspective, and builds brand.
- The increasing relevance of ebooks and other epublications
- All I learned about book publishing comes from The Book
- Content Re-use and Narrative Flow
- 2012 in Review – a Content Strategy Retrospective
- Two weeks, four events, eight observations: insights from the conference circuit
- Content Inventories, Audits, and Analyses: All part of benchmarking
- Working on the City of Vancouver website
- Occupying a unique content strategy space
- Move over, Big Data. It’s time for Big Content.
- Setting a context for a content strategy vocabulary
- Content classification and findability
- Content development
- Content management
- Content strategy
- Information design and usability
- Professional development
- Social media
- User experience