Archives for the category "Content management"
Perspective and predictions for the emerging ebook technology and associated genres.
A response to a discussion about disruption of narrative flow, and the consequences of content re-use.
Copy, multiplied by its technopower, makes it into content. Content needs copy; and in a post-paper world, copy definitely needs content.
A CMS without decent documentation is like a car without windshield wipers – so why do so many vendors have this bad business practice?
Consolidating content from multiple channels, from email to social, is becoming a challenge, but necessary to curate content well.
Keeping content synchronized is very different between a Web CMS and a component CMS. Compare the differences and the practical applications for each type.
Content could be output to the Web, but it’s more likely to get output to the Web as simply one of the channels in a multichannel publishing environment.
Successful technology implementations all share a common denominator: a strong content strategy.
Ensure that you’re not left holding the bag when the CMS vendor has left the building; get your processes in place.
The content lifecycle is described as an organic system, in a technology-agnostic way.
- The increasing relevance of ebooks and other epublications
- All I learned about book publishing comes from The Book
- Content Re-use and Narrative Flow
- 2012 in Review – a Content Strategy Retrospective
- Two weeks, four events, eight observations: insights from the conference circuit
- Content Inventories, Audits, and Analyses: All part of benchmarking
- Working on the City of Vancouver website
- Occupying a unique content strategy space
- Move over, Big Data. It’s time for Big Content.
- Setting a context for a content strategy vocabulary
- Content classification and findability
- Content development
- Content management
- Content strategy
- Information design and usability
- Professional development
- Social media
- User experience
Tagsaccessibility ann rockley books career development CMS content as asset Content convergence content lifecycle Content management content strategy convergence deliverables DITA Duo Consulting experience design Flash integration intelligent content interaction design Management marketing mentors open standards plain language politics processes Professional development ROI search section 508 single-sourcing Social media STC structured content syndication taxonomy TechCraft translation Twitter usability user-centered design user-generated content User experience value XML
- rahelab: @mbakeranalecta Am heading home today. would like to ping you re tech thing I need words to explain.:-).
- rahelab: #AppLove: When TripIt sends me the gate no before the lounge board posts it.
- rahelab: @eaton Laughing too hard at that one.
- rahelab: OH- Heathrow lounge: Snow in May. And we're worried about global warming? #MissingThePoint
- rahelab: @lynneux You're right. I can think of so many scenarios: rich kid, absentee parents; "borrowing" of stored car, pissed owner; stolen, etc