Intentional Design Inc (IDI) is a micro-consultancy focusing on performance improvement for communication products. The core practice area is the development of targeted content strategies, which touch on the interrelated areas of content development (structured content for multi-channel publishing, Web content, and social media), user-centered design (business and user analysis, persona and scenario development, information architecture, and usability assessments), and content management consulting (Web and Component Content Management).
Behind content strategy is solid understanding of the business objectives – for the improvements to be effective, they must fulfill the need that calls for improvements to be made. This is coupled with an understanding of the users and their tasks – knowing how specific user groups interact with the system ensures that the technology functions efficiently and effectively. By relating all decisions to business objectives and user needs, the business value of the improvement project becomes the lens through which all activities are focused.
IDI has been an incorporated company since 2002, and has experienced steady growth, both in increasing the geographic scope of market and the size and complexity of projects undertaken. The IDI client roster includes world-class organizations that span industries such as aviation, health care, medical devices, consumer electronics, online retail, online wholesale, transportation, software development, tourism, localization, higher education, journalism, natural resources, engineering, and financial services. IDI plans to continue providing content strategy, user-centered design, and content management consulting services to clients that want to improve their ROI of their content assets.
- The increasing relevance of ebooks and other epublications
- All I learned about book publishing comes from The Book
- Content Re-use and Narrative Flow
- 2012 in Review – a Content Strategy Retrospective
- Two weeks, four events, eight observations: insights from the conference circuit
- Content Inventories, Audits, and Analyses: All part of benchmarking
- Working on the City of Vancouver website
- Occupying a unique content strategy space
- Move over, Big Data. It’s time for Big Content.
- Setting a context for a content strategy vocabulary
- Content classification and findability
- Content development
- Content management
- Content strategy
- Information design and usability
- Professional development
- Social media
- User experience
Tagsaccessibility ann rockley books career development CMS content as asset Content convergence content lifecycle Content management content strategy convergence deliverables DITA Duo Consulting experience design Flash integration intelligent content interaction design Management marketing mentors open standards plain language politics processes Professional development ROI search section 508 single-sourcing Social media STC structured content syndication taxonomy TechCraft translation Twitter usability user-centered design user-generated content User experience value XML
- rahelab: Style guides work in #contentstrategy only if all team members memorize hundreds of rules. What's better? http://t.co/Fhn8iq0lev
- rahelab: I love coming to eBay Berlin. Greeted with hugs and double-kiss greetings. #warm-and-fuzzy
- rahelab: @lynneux Kind of ironic, seeing as the earthquake possibility looms.
- rahelab: RT @iA: Mobile browser market share: 31% Android 24% iPhone 15% Opera Mini/Mobile 9% UC Browser 7% Nokia browser http://t.co/kxY7qjEnyy
- rahelab: @tomjohnson Just for fun, will send you my little rant about LinkedIn UX. Do with it what you may...