Published on December 15th, 2009 | by Rahel Bailie3
Managing Your Brand Online: Two Workshops
Two more workshops are in the cards for Jan. 2010, helping professionals manage their online brands with the responsible use of social media. One is downtown; the other in Surrey. Locations and registration information is at the end of this post.
Feeling left behind when it comes to new technologies? Do you know instinctively that you should establish a public professional presence but don’t know where to start? Do you want to expand your professional network, and access to people with incredible expertise?
One way to increase your corporate value is to ensure that you have a strong and easily-identifiable personal brand. It’s not enough simply to have good references or have no embarrassing pictures on Facebook.
Whether it be to the corporation that employs you, or a professional practitioner demonstrating your potential to clients, your brand forms an impression before you hit the meeting room, and extends far beyond the resume.
Creating and protecting your personal brand is an important career strategy, and not just for independent consultants. An online professional presence has become the single most important self-marketing tool for demonstrating expertise and professional credibility. Learn to use social media in a smart, responsible, career-enhancing way.
Is this workshop is for you?
This workshop will be helpful if you:
- Don’t have your own website or blog or aren’t posting to it regularly
- Don’t have a LinkedIn profile or aren’t actively using it to build your personal brand
- Don’t have a Twitter account, or have one but aren’t sure how to use it effectively
- Wonder whether social communities (Facebook, MySpace, Ning) are useful for you
- Want to use social media without it becoming a waste of time
- Want to put technology to work for you without making big mistakes along the way
- Want to take pride in your presence online for your career, practice, or small business
Participants will learn:
- The six basic aspects of personal brand management
- How to create a distinctive, unforgettable brand
- Techniques for presenting an integrated brand
- Tools that can help to easily manage a personal brand
January 16, 2010 workshop, co-sponsored by STC Canada West Coast
Location: Downtown Vancouver >> Register online