I was asked by the editor of TechCom Manager to submit an article about a rescue project that Intentional Design had done earlier in the year. This was a project where the client needed a tremendous amount of content produced within an extremely tight timeline, and in the classic situation, the software was still being tweaked until the last minute. Thanks to the efficiencies of topic-based writing, the project went well, and the client was pleased with the results.
The article was published in the August issue of TechCom Manager, where you can read about the project and the lessons learned.
- The increasing relevance of ebooks and other epublications
- All I learned about book publishing comes from The Book
- Content Re-use and Narrative Flow
- 2012 in Review – a Content Strategy Retrospective
- Two weeks, four events, eight observations: insights from the conference circuit
- Content Inventories, Audits, and Analyses: All part of benchmarking
- Working on the City of Vancouver website
- Occupying a unique content strategy space
- Move over, Big Data. It’s time for Big Content.
- Setting a context for a content strategy vocabulary
- Content classification and findability
- Content development
- Content management
- Content strategy
- Information design and usability
- Professional development
- Social media
- User experience
Tagsaccessibility ann rockley books career development CMS content as asset Content convergence content lifecycle Content management content strategy convergence deliverables DITA Duo Consulting experience design Flash integration intelligent content interaction design Management marketing mentors open standards plain language politics processes Professional development ROI search section 508 single-sourcing Social media STC structured content syndication taxonomy TechCraft translation Twitter usability user-centered design user-generated content User experience value XML
- rahelab: Need more #contentstrategy business side arguments? I'm making them at the NYC meetup, June 10th: http://t.co/TlAeEF8IBA
- rahelab: .@eaton I think that when the two sides come together and pool their technical and editorial resources, the results will be awesome!
- rahelab: RT @RayGallon: My guest post on @gathercontent blog: Your Software Needs a Content Strategy, Too! — http://t.co/MOCuTfpTFa #contentstrategy…
- rahelab: RT @JRoTweeter: @rahelab ♪♫♫ From Paris to Berlin ♪♫ in every disco that I'm in ♪♫♪ you know it's Content I love… ♫♪
- rahelab: .@angelacolter not to mention country/language differences. E.g wi-fi in Spain, Germany is pronounced wee-fee. DITA is DEETA or DITTA.