Salim Ismail, technology entrepreneur and all-around techno-visionary, agreed to chat with me about the hidden Web, estimated to be several hundred times greater than the visible Web, and how new syndication capabilities can change that. The third wave of content publishing – syndication – will change the face of the Web as we become able to access the content currently hidden in databases. As structured blogging facilitates the publishing of XML simply and easily, the existing value for companies by owning content – think of how you have to pay for a listing to sell an item or list a job – will change. Individuals will be able to aggregate content according to specific criteria, and the value will be in the services layered over top of that content.
- The increasing relevance of ebooks and other epublications
- All I learned about book publishing comes from The Book
- Content Re-use and Narrative Flow
- 2012 in Review – a Content Strategy Retrospective
- Two weeks, four events, eight observations: insights from the conference circuit
- Content Inventories, Audits, and Analyses: All part of benchmarking
- Working on the City of Vancouver website
- Occupying a unique content strategy space
- Move over, Big Data. It’s time for Big Content.
- Setting a context for a content strategy vocabulary
- Content classification and findability
- Content development
- Content management
- Content strategy
- Information design and usability
- Professional development
- Social media
- User experience
Tagsaccessibility ann rockley books career development CMS content as asset Content convergence content lifecycle Content management content strategy convergence deliverables DITA Duo Consulting experience design Flash integration intelligent content interaction design Management marketing mentors open standards plain language politics processes Professional development ROI search section 508 single-sourcing Social media STC structured content syndication taxonomy TechCraft translation Twitter usability user-centered design user-generated content User experience value XML
- rahelab: Forgot to provide the URL for your guide to writing off your vacation as a #contentstrategy training expense: http://t.co/bDTkYblW9A
- rahelab: People kept telling me they wanted an excuse to visit Vancouver in the summer. Well, you got it. CS Workshops + Vancouver vacation = winner!
- rahelab: @JRoTweeter Remind me to log out of all social media Tues and Wednesday.
- rahelab: Can't figure out how to post to Google+ from iPad mini. And I'm not a stupid person. So where's the click/swipe/whatever? #stupidinterface
- rahelab: LOL "@BoobsRadley: I would put a webcam in my shower to make extra money, but I would hate having to only sing public domain songs."